Monday, October 31, 2005

First official working day in Office

The day started out with me catching this Bus 67 from City Central to a place called ElimienKatu..(In tamil that mean..Show(Katu) the Mouse(Eli) and Fish(Mien)), where the office is located..I stay in a place called VuoriKatu(lemme not translate that ;) for obvious reasons)..Should say thr r pretty helpful folks in the office..A short lady called Maaja (assistant for my project with a pretty difficult English accent, I dont blame her though) guides us to our desks..unfortunately our new official laptops have not yet arrived..so I need to wait for a couple of more days before I start working..(am not worried abt not working anyway). So the XI lead from the client's team, a queer looking guy called Jukka(u spell it Yukka..) comes over and asks for some help with the naming standards he is finalizing..I did give him some suggestions which he was impressed with(Though I do doubt if they wud really work)..I did extricate myself from a couple of tight spots during the discussions with the std excuse of chking out other project teams,with an addon that it wud take time as folks in India r out for Diwali..He didn't press on though he cud have very well asked if I cud chk out the Uk/US guys for an update.Lemme excuse him on his lapse though!!After a whole day of meetings..We decided to finally leave @ 5.00pm back home..

BTW was just wondering what Taklu and Weatherboy are upto now that they have been forced out to a JAVA project!!! ;) Expect some mail from them on wednesday if they are in office..
One good update is that I cud very well return back to India before Dec last week, as its a 3 week vacation in FINN..

1 Comments:

At 9:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me in tvm for the break. will be back on next mon.. have to report directly at whitefield. Happy Diwali:)
Harsh

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home