Friday, December 09, 2005

Wrapping up in Helsinki!!

My first visit to a Scandinavian country draws to a close next week, as i wrap up things to be done by my offshore team in India.Past 3 weeks had been a bit hectic with new discoveries, meetings in Stockholm and some snooping around the city center for some Finn items for folks back home..Surprised that any localite I ask here doesn't know what is most unique items one can take back.After much prodding Jukka did suggest that I take a moose hat, one's they wear for the arctic winters..but dude it ain't gonna be -20ยค in Chennai or Bangalore..So forget it..One item of interest I did note in the Stockmann and Sokos stores is the glassware which looks pretty unique but expensive too..Wonder what mum would say if I get her a glass for 20Euros. I dont think she would complain , considering once i got back a beautiful Liter BEER mug from Erlangan in Germany. If nothing works out, looks like its gonna be the usual Diors and Douglas perfumes which I may have to pick up from Vantaa/Frankfurt airport..One of my Cousin Raji' , who works for the dumb bank I had blasted in one of my other posts,wants a good after shave too..

Well, that would be a worthwhile purchase I do think..I did buy a finnish brand(can't recollect the name,some usual no brainer) from a shop beneath my apartment called 'Tourjastallo', a cool mint based after shave which i found far wonderful than the usual Gillette's of the world.

So back i will be in Bangalore for a couple of days to close of some personal work and then off to my home in Chennai during christmas time and flower office in OMR , waiting to see my team.Have been given 2 new geeks to manage in India for the start and a nice guy called Katta for my onsite team, while am in India.Should be back soon in Helsinki, hopefully post march, when the worst of winter is over..but way things are going, I may end up back far sooner than hoped for..


BTW couple of new developments over the last few weeks, have a new blog link (http://reeltalk.blogspot.com/) with reviews on the movies I watch, these days(What the hell I do have something to say abt all those dumb movie I watch). Started with a movie called ABCD..Unfortunately its a not a movie for my buddies Taklu or Weatherboy..Cos they aint TAMIL ;)


May be I can review a Mallu movie for Taklu's sake but aint not dare watch a Gujju movie cos the only term I will ever recognise from thr dialect would be 'SU' ;)) Wonder what Weatherboy has to say on this!!

2 Comments:

At 9:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When will you be back! Let us know in advance.. (so that we can make time from our busy schedule :) Hey I'm starting to like SAP, attended a 24hour code jam session. Stayed overnight at Labs.. its was awesome !
Regards,
Takalu

 
At 12:29 AM , Blogger Ulysses - "Mid LIfe but no crisis" said...

Am in BLR on 19th..When u meant SAP was it the company/tech.. ;))

dude, Jammin overnite with whom!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home