Sunday, May 28, 2017

Kirukals in May..

What a week. Had to miss my Sydney marathon last week, as I was down with flu with body temparature climbing almost to 102 degrees fahrenheit. It was however an opportunity for me to relax a bit over the week, spend more time with family and catch up on some good movies. Currently watching a nice movie "Septembers of Shiraz" on how post Revolution IRAN had a major impact on their minorities like Jews -  with great performances by Adrien Brody and Salma Hayek. 

As someone who faced discrimination in the Indian system of governance due to post independence "Never Ending Reservations" in Educational system, I can quite relate to the alienation felt by Jews and horrors they had to go through the change during their times. This feeling that I want my kids to have a level playing field where they get what they deserve depending on their effort, Knowledge and skills was driving factor in me migrating out of India in the first place. I am sure there will be a time when people will realize beyond a certain time the positive benefits of reservations have dwindled into nepotism and political corruption creating creamy layers within segments. Right approach would be affirmative reservation targeted at financially excluded sections of the population giving them opportunities to get out traditional non paying menial jobs. Best way to ensure this by ensuring these jobs are replaced by Automation while ensuring they move up their educational and social value chains. Its not an easy task to achieve but I firmly believe Mr.Modi and his ministers have the right outcomes in mind while going about the transformation in India despite all the cacophony in the secular, liberal media about their intentions.  Time will tell what's gonna happen.

Letting you know, have started my AWS course on Solution Architecting for Cloud and hopefully will complete the certification as well this year. Its a far shot though. 

Meanwhile had the opportunity to catch up on some nice music.Particularly have started following Mr.Prasanna, a great guitarist based in US. He keeps cooking up some amazing music which I regularly follow on Facebook. If you come across this blog - checkout his page on https://www.facebook.com/guitarprasanna/ , You will be hooked I promise. 

Wanted to restart my blogging again and hope to keep doing this regularly. 

Have a great week guyz..!! Keep Rocking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home